Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Old Dawgs and friends

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    Old Dawgs and friends

    Ran into a friend I hadn't seen in years the other day , got to talking . One of the first friends I lost was her brother, red 69 Chevelle I think. Then retraining at work, 2 of the guys on the list of remote controled miner fatals, I knew well. Another friend sat with us last year and talked about if Appy could make the football play-offs , knowing they would never see the games. Anyway here is to them- all my old friends and Dawgs. Done by Tom T Hall- for the ones already gone Old Dawgs and Children and Watermellon Wine How old do you think I am? he said.
    I said, well, I didn't know.
    He said, I turned 65 about 11 months ago.

    I was sittin' in Miami pourin' blended whiskey down
    When this old gray black gentleman was cleanin' up the lounge

    There wasn't anyone around 'cept this old man and me
    The guy who ran the bar was watchin' Ironsides on tv
    Uninvited, he sat down and opened up his mind
    On old dogs and children and watermelon wine

    Ever had a drink of watermelon wine? He asked
    He told me all about it, though I didn't answer back
    Ain't but three things in this world that's worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

    He said, women think about they-selves, when menfolk ain't around.
    And friends are hard to find when they discover that you're down.
    He said, I tried it all when I was young and in my natural prime;
    Now it's old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

    Old dogs care about you even when you make mistakes;
    God bless little children while they're still too young to hate.
    When he moved away I found my pen and copied down that line
    'bout old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

    I had to catch a plane up to Atlanta that next day
    As I left for my room I saw him pickin' up my change
    That night I dreamed in peaceful sleep of shady summertime
    Of old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Old Dawgs and friends

    Who where they? and a great post!
    free like OJ all day

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Old Dawgs and friends

    Great post spuds. I know a lot that has went on. Ole Dawgs and just friends and the special one's the kids.
    I myself don't consider myself much of either lately. But i will always support my Dawgs and the LPD.
    And as far as me and you. Well we will be friends and brothers, till time and God says it's time to separate.

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Old Dawgs and friends

    I hope God kinda lumps the 'ole Dawgs together.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Old Dawgs and friends

    Maybe he'll let your big injun amigo slide through the door too brothers. You all will have to pardon me if i pass you all up for a few minutes when we get there. I have too many already gone that i'll have to see again.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Old Dawgs and friends

    I'm sure he will Unchained
    free like OJ all day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •